We offer a range of courses to suit all your requirements from a course that introduces the basic principals of Manual Handling through to bespoke courses tailored to your working environment. Normally our courses are delivered ‘per course’ however we invite you to contact us to discuss your needs.
Level 2 (QCF) Safe Moving and Handling
Courses from £349.00 + VAT for up to 12 delegates
Did you know that incorrect manual handling causes over a third of all workplace injuries?
The law states that employers have a legal responsibility to provide adequate training for those who perform manual handling tasks in their day to day role.
The QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves manual handling. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of environments including warehouses and shops.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of manual handling and how to apply these to their workplace. They will also practise a wide range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course confident and proficient in moving and
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Manual handling practical sessions:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Using equipment.